While Facebook, Twitter and Linked in are fabulous ways to connect with a community, it can often leave you lost in the myriad options of their all-encompassing approach. What’s an author to do if they want to connect with people who love books? Shelfari is the answer. In their own words:
“Shelfari introduces readers to our global community of book lovers and encourages them to share their literary inclinations and passions with peers, friends, and total strangers (for now). Shelfari is a gathering place for authors, aspiring authors, publishers, and readers, and has many tools and features to help these groups connect with each other in a fun and engaging way. Our mission is to enhance the experience of reading by connecting readers in meaningful conversations about the published word.
- Build virtual bookshelves to express themselves to their friends and to the world
- Discover books that are popular in their trusted circles of friends
- Influence peers by rating and discussing books online
- Discover and learn from people with similar reading tastes
- Participate in online book groups to further explore literature and share ideas
- Interact with and learn from authors”
In combination with participating in the readership community at Amazon.com via AmazonConnect and Profile pages, Shelfari allows you to jump right into your niche without first wading through the rest of everything else!